Our Environment. Our World. Far East American.
At Far East American, we have built our business from the ground up and with an eye on the future. Since our inception, we have approached our commitment to the environment in exactly the same manner by making the sustainability of the forest and the forest products industry the core component of our environmental commitment. We recognize that the future of our company, and related industries, is tied to our ability to manage a renewable, recyclable, natural resource in an environmentally responsible manner through diligent stewardship and sustainable forestry management practices; including:
- Structuring our supply base around manufactures with a shared commitment to sustainable forest management practices.
- Understanding that responsible forestry begins with us and extends beyond our ecological practices. To that end, we act with sensitivity and responsibility to the cultural, social and economic issues of the communities and individuals living within territories from which we source our products. We require our overseas vendors to adhere to these same standards and insist that they uniformly comply with all local government regulations.
- Seeking out qualified suppliers whose products have received third party certifications including those from the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC), the Program for the Enforcement of Forestry Certification (PEFC), the Tropical Forest Foundation (TFF) and the California Air Resource Board (CARB).
- Monitoring our vendors to verify their ongoing commitment to internationally established environmental standards as well as requiring documentation to ensure compliance with regional governmental environmental standards.
- Proactively verifying that our vendors are TSCA complaint.
- Dutifully complying with all aspects of the Lacey Act to guarantee that all our imported plywood and building materials are produced, sourced and brought to market in a responsible, environmentally sensitive and legal manner.
Far East American is deeply committed to the preservation of our environment and to minimizing our impact on it. We continually work with our suppliers, service providers and customers to find innovate ways to reduce our carbon footprint and to incorporate environmental awareness into all our business practices.
For additional information on environmental issues related to the forest products industry please follow the link to the International Wood Products Association (IWPA) website.